What information does the Mountain Lion Foundation collect?
The Mountain Lion Foundation does not collect any information from you without your knowledge and permission, and we do not ask that you enter any personal information to access or use most areas of the Mountain Lion Foundation website.
Why does the Mountain Lion Foundation ask for my information?
In order to participate in some activities, you might be asked to provide some personal information. This could be in connection with any one or combination of the following:
- Subscription to the Mountain Lion Foundation’s email updates lists.
- Registration for an online or in person event.
- Making or renewing a donation online.
- Sending personalized email messages when forwarding an article, postcard, email updates or action alert.
- Submission of questions and stories on a Mountain Lion Foundation website.
How does MLF use the information gathered from the above sources?
We use your information to send you details about our campaigns, events and activities, local volunteer opportunities and alerts, and membership and renewal appeals.
How is information used in the Mountain Lion Foundation email updates?
You will only receive email updates (e-news) from us if you have expressly signed up for email updates on the Mountain Lion Foundation website, at a Mountain Lion Foundation event, or by contacting the Mountain Lion Foundation.
- All email messages sent to email updates subscribers contain a link to unsubscribe or to modify your profile. You may subscribe or unsubscribe to any email updates or email communication from the Mountain Lion Foundation at any time.
- When email updates are forwarded, the Mountain Lion Foundation does not capture the personal information of the third parties.
- The information that we gather from subscribers to our email updates lists (including email addresses) is not shared with other non-MLF affiliated organizations or companies.
- From time to time, we may send out email messages that might include information about these like-minded organizations and companies, but we do not provide them with access to any personal information that you have provided.
If you have any questions about Mountain Lion Foundation email updates, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
How does the Mountain Lion Foundation protect your information?
The Mountain Lion Foundation is extremely protective of the information gathered through its membership and website. Our website has security measures in place to protect against the loss, misuse, or alteration of the information under our control. Our web server is located in a locked, secure environment.
When you contribute to the Mountain Lion Foundation online we use a secure server and encryption to protect your financial and other personal information during transmission.
Does the Mountain Lion Foundation rent, sell, or trade my information?
No. The Mountain Lion Foundation does not rent, sell or exchange names, addresses or personal information with other organizations.
How do you update your contact information with the Mountain Lion Foundation?
You can also reach us via U.S. mail:
Mountain Lion Foundation
PO Box 1896
Sacramento, CA 95812